Poorly aligned feet can cause pain not only in the feet but the ankles, hips and back. Podiatrists are health professionals skilled and trained to detect, demonstrate and correct poor foot and walking posture that leads to these problems.
Orthotic devices placed inside your shoes can help re-direct your feet into a more correct position. This will relieve painful symptoms and prevent future side-effects of standing, walking and running with poorly aligned feet and ankles. Although current footwear may accommodate the orthotics, a range of specialist footwear can also be found at The Foot and Ankle Clinic. Orthotic therapy footwear is designed to combine function, support and comfort.
Depending on the level of your cover and who you are insured with they can be claimable. This is by using your private health insurance ‘ancillary cover’.
Why The Foot and Ankle Clinic’s Orthotics Are Superior!
- EXPERIENCE: Established for over 23 years The Foot and Ankle Clinic has a proven track record. We have a history of delivering and prescribing orthotics to clients with an unprecedented level of client satisfaction.
- COMFORT: The Foot and Ankle Clinic’s FULL CUSTOM DEVICES are individually custom made and moulded to the shape and contour of your foot. This is to suit and alleviate your condition. Our Podiatrists use a range of materials specific to your needs and the activities that you perform on a daily basis.
- ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT OPTIONS: At The Foot and Ankle Clinic we offer an extensive choice of orthotic options that range in costs and vary in their manufacture techniques. Our Podiatrists provide you with a choice so that you don’t necessarily feel that having a ’custom-made’ device is the only option available for you to consider. We also incorporate a range of other medical treatment interventions that may help you recover from your complaint or injury.
- FOLLOW-UP: as an organisation, we ensure optimal customer satisfaction. We do this by incorporating complementary follow-up consultations for up to 3 months following the issue and fit of your orthotics. If there happens to be any concerns or problems you can be reassured that we will work with you to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
- QUALITY: The Foot and Ankle Clinic is aligned with a leading orthotic company. All our devices are made from only the finest quality materials.
- REPRODUCTION: The Foot and Ankle Clinic retains your scans and data for several years. This is so that we have all your clinical records on file. This allows us the ability to manufacture and reproduce your orthotics again in the future. Typically this is at a considerably reduced cost.
- COMPLIMENTARY FOOTWEAR ADVICE: At The Foot and Ankle Clinic we consider footwear to be a crucial aspect to complimenting orthotic therapy. This is to ensure optimal treatment outcomes. As an organisation, we work closely with you to ensure you understand the impact that wearing orthotics will have on your footwear choices. Most of our clinics stock a wide range of footwear. Our Podiatrists are willing to provide complimentary advice and education on the most suitable type of footwear for your needs.
- PRIVATE HEALTH REBATES: By comparison to other allied health providers, orthotics prescribed by Podiatrists are typically covered by most private health ancillary rebates. Therefore if you have extras cover with Podiatry you can claim a substantial rebate for the costs associated with your Orthotic Prescription.
- WORKCOVER, TAC, DVA, DEFENCE AUSTRALIA, NDIS and STATEWIDE EQUIPMENT PROGRAM (SWEP) AFFILIATED: The Foot and Ankle Clinic is affiliated and works closely with these organisations. Where eligible we can assist you in accessing and being prescribed and supplied custom orthotics (along with Medical Grade Footwear). This often happens without any out-of-pocket expense and with minimal inconvenience.
- AFFORDABLE PRICING: At TFAAC we have affordable priced our Full Custom orthotics at only $575.00 per pair and even offer a 20% Discount for Children by way of recognizing that they can outgrow their devices. Standard consultation fees apply.