Foot Mobilisation techniques (FMT) is a manual therapy specifically developed to improve your foot and ankle function by targeting stiff, mal-aligned or dysfunctional joints to improve the function of your lower limb. This form of manual therapy involves finding and treating the cause of your pain rather than just the symptoms, by individually assessing each bone and joint in the foot and ankle and using your own body’s natural repair process to reduce pain and improve foot posture.
What can I expect from an FMT consult?
Your Podiatrist will discuss your treatment plan in your initial assessment consult which will include a biomechanical assessment, gait analysis and lower limb muscle strength test to determine if FMT is the right treatment for your condition. From the initial consult, your treatment plan will be individually created to best improve your joint mobility and allow your feet to return to their most optimal position. Which will be a series of short mobilisation sessions and take home exercises to maintain your results. After this your treatment consults will begin.
What can FMT be used to treat?
- Ankle sprains and instability
- Claw, mallet, retracted and hammer toes
- Cuboid syndrome
- Flat feet
- Morton’s neuroma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Improving orthotic therapy outcomes
How does FMT work?
- Allows the body to naturally repair itself through mobilising restricted joints to promote joint fluid production.
- Returns bones and joints to their optimal position which allows chronic musculoskeletal injuries to heal.
- Improves joint integrity, foot posture and muscle strength
- Improves foot and ankle mobilisation
- Improves Postural stability
- Individual rehabilitation programs are created using a smart phone App – PhysiApp
To see how FMT can benefit you today please give us a call or request an appointment via the buttons below.
At the Foot and Ankle Clinic our highly qualified team of Podiatrists are all members of the Australian Podiatry Association and offer a combined 50 years’ experience.
Put your feet in our hands! See us today in Boronia, Chadstone, Collins Street (Melbourne CBD), East Bentleigh, East Melbourne, Moe, Morwell, Mount Waverley, Pakenham, Sale, Traralgon, Warragul & Yarram.