Full Custom Made Orthotics
Full-Custom Made Orthotics are specifically designed and manufactured for your feet, because no two pairs of feet are the same.
To achieve this Digital 3D Scans are taken of your feet. This is to ensure the orthotics are custom-made to the exact curvatures of your feet. A biomechanical assessment is performed by the Podiatrist to determine the alignment and function of the foot and its relationship with the rest of the body.
Gait Analysis Technology
At The Foot and Ankle Clinic we proudly offer the latest advancement in Gait Analysis Technology and Digital Video Assessment. This is so our Podiatrists can more accurately examine and provide feedback to patients about their walking pattern and foot function when prescribing orthotics.
With the video recorded gait analysis, biomechanical examinations and digital 3D foot scans our Podiatrists are able to prescribe more accurate, fully customised orthotics for ultimate comfort and pain relief. We use a variety of materials ranging from soft, cushioned devices to more rigid plastic and carbon fibre ones.
- A Biomechanical Assessment is performed. This includes a Video Gait Analysis and 3D Foot Scan, which takes between 30 to 45 minutes.
- The next appointment is an issue appointment 2-3 weeks later, where orthotics are measured and fitted to footwear.
- A subsequent orthotic review appointment is available anytime within 3 months of your orthotics being issued if required.
This video demonstrates our Digital Custom Orthotic Manufacture Process for our custom-made orthotics:
Pricing Details and Information
At TFAAC we have affordably priced our Orthotics as follows:
- ADULTS – $575 Per Pair plus standard consultation fees and includes any adjustments or fine-tuning of orthotics for up to 3 months after issue. Clients with Private Health insurance with Extras Cover can claim most of these costs back.
- CHILDREN (16 & Under 20% DISCOUNT) – $460.00 Per Pair plus standard consultation fees and includes any adjustments or fine-tuning of orthotics for up to 3 months after issue. Clients with Private Health insurance with Extras Cover can claim most of these costs back.
- Children’s Discount: The more affordable pricing for Children is based on the understanding and acknowledgement that children of this age have the potential to outgrow their devices every 2-3 years compared to lasting several years for adults.
- 2nd PAIR DISCOUNT – Save 50% off original price if ordered at the same time as the first pair or within 3 months of their issue.
- TAC, WORKCOVER, VETERANS AFFAIRS, NDIS: Clients eligible for Orthotic Therapy via 3rd Parties such as Veterans Affairs, TAC, Workcover and NDIS are typically bulk billed or incur no out of pocket expense.
- The entire therapy is broken down and itemized to maximise your Private Health Insurance rebate benefits.
- Our Orthotic Therapy fees include shell of full length covers. We don’t charge extra.