While at The Foot and Ankle Clinic we still offer “Face-to-Face” consultations, for your added health and safety, (especially during the COVID-19 crisis) we now also offer the convenience and affordability of Telehealth Consultations (via phone or video conference) in various formats.
Simply click on the following link or contact us via phone to arrange a suitable appointment time and we will contact or message you to confirm your preferred method (eg. Simple phone call, FaceTime, Skype or Zoom.) as well as send you an email/link and form to complete prior to the consultation
INTRODUCTION TO TELEHEALTH CONSULTATIONS
MAKE A TELEHEALTH CONSULTATION APPOINTMENT:
- Book Online Now
- Once you have made your Telehealth appointment, if you have not attended or had a Telehealth conference at The Foot and Ankle Clinic previously please click the following link to complete our New Patient Form in preparation for your appointment.
All you need is a phone, smart phone, computer and/ or an internet connection. Our preferred method of Telehealth conferencing is via ZOOM. If you haven’t already we recommend you familiarise yourself with this technology, download the APP or Software on your smart phone, tablet or computer and sign in or register.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TELEHEALTH PODIATRY CONSULTATION
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Rest assured that with Telehealth consultations we can still offer a comprehensive service that is also more affordable then an ‘in-clinic’ consultation and we can assist you via this method with:
- Diagnosis of your condition
- Treatment & Advice; Eg. Prescription Exercise Programs (via video Tutorial), Provision of Aids and Equipment that can be supplied via mail, as well as any other treatment options.
- Diagnostic Imaging; We can send and provide online referrals for relevant imaging. (Eg. X-Ray; Ultrasound, MRI etc.)
- Supply of Aids or Equipment; Including Orthotic Therapy, Moon Boots, Ankle Braces etc. via post/courier
- Referral to other Health Specialists if or where considered necessary
- Simple Reassurance or Advice if you are unsure what to do, who to see or if your condition requires urgent care we can help vie Telehealth.
CONDITIONS WE CAN ASSIST WITH VIA TELEHEALTH CONSULTATIONS:
We can assist and help guide you through treatment plans and advice for most of the conditions we treat including:
- Foot, Arch, Ankle, Leg and Knee Pain
- Skin and Nail Conditions
- Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Pain
- Orthotic Therapy
- Diabetic Footcare Education and Advice
- Sporting and General Injuries
- Ingrown Toenails and Wound care
- Children’s Podiatry
- Pregnancy and Podiatry
- Footwear Advice and referral
- NDIS Service Plans and Assessments
- In the case of Telehealth Conference payment is over the phone at the time or just prior to your consultation and via CREDIT CARD only.
Frequently Asked Questions
ARE TELEHEALTH CONSULTATIONS COVERED BY PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE?
- Depending on which Private Health Insurance company you are with rebates for TELEHEALTH consultation may apply. We can simply provide you your their receipt with the usual item numbers you can present them to claim accordingly. Every private health insurer is different, so if unsure perhaps best to check. We CAN’T process payments over the phone using Hi-Caps
- In special circumstances, and where your GP has initiated a care plan you may be eligible for your Telehealth Consultation to be “BULK BILLED”. Please visit our MEDICARE FOR PODIATRY webpage for more details.
- The Foot and Ankle Clinic are registered with NDIS and Telehealth Consultations are available for anyone eligible or funded through this service.
- The Foot and Ankle Clinic are registered with VETERANS AFFAIRS and Telehealth Consultations are available for anyone eligible or funded through this service.
- The Foot and Ankle Clinic are registered with TAC and Telehealth Consultations are available for anyone eligible or funded through this service.
- Unfortunately at this time Podiatry Services are not funded by Workcover, however you still have the option and are welcome to privately access and pay for our services if you prefer.
QUESTIONS / ENQUIRIES: Please email us with any questions you may have regarding Telehealth consultations.