The GaitScan™ is an innovative diagnostic tool and digital casting device. It allows our Podiatrists to analyse patient biomechanics and order custom orthotic products. With 4096 sensors and a scan rate of 300 frames per second, GaitScan™ is the industry leader in dynamic scanning capabilities.
The state-of-the-art force plate is linked to a software program. The program allows our Podiatrists to accurately detect abnormal foot function as you stand and walk across the force plate. The data from your GaitScan™ aids with planning your treatment and correcting your specific foot problems.
What Does This Mean For You?
A new, in-depth method of assessing your gait cycle. A dynamic scan gives your Podiatrist access to a wealth of information that cannot be obtained with the naked eye. Over a million points of data are recorded, tracking flaws in your biomechanics and shedding light on issues that if left untreated, could develop into painful conditions over time.
At The Foot and Ankle Clinic we use our vast clinical experience along with the GaitScan™ technology to decide if you need orthotics and/or other treatment interventions including footwear, exercise programs or referrals to other health practitioners.
This can include:
- Interpretation of your history of injury and functional requirements including footwear.
- Examination by an experienced and highly qualified Podiatrist who considers all biomechanical aspects including: muscle and joint range of motion testing.
- Further Diagnostic testing; including X-Rays, musculoskeletal ultrasound, CT scans or MRI’s.
- GaitScan Technology is used to highlight and detect abnormal foot mechanics which contribute to your pain or mechanical problems.
Added Benefits of GaitScan™ include:
- Ability to determine any pre-exisitng genetic or hereditary factors in children and adults that may lead to problems later in life (eg. Leg length differences, hip and pelvic instability and neurological problems) and allow early intervention and treatment to prevent these or secondary problems from developing as a result.
- Determining the need for exercise programs and engagement of other health professionals to assist you in areas such as lower back and hip pain.
- Diabetic Assessment and pressure analysis assist in determining risks of pressure sores and ulcerations reducing potential amputation.
- Assessing risk of falls and injury
- Pre and post pregnancy evaluation
Typically at The Foot and Ankle Clinic we incorporate and provide a complimentary written report and analysis of its finding for you to take home. We can also provide or send a copy of the report to your GP or referring health practitioner for their benefit.
Why The Foot and Ankle Clinic’s orthotics are superior.
- EXPERIENCE: Established for over 23 years The Foot and Ankle Clinic has a proven track record. We have a history of delivering and prescribing orthotics to clients with an unprecedented level of client satisfaction.
- COMFORT: The Foot and Ankle Clinic’s FULL CUSTOM DEVICES are individually, custom made and moulded to the shape and contour of your foot. This is to suit and alleviate your condition. Our Podiatrists use a range of materials specific to your needs and the activities that you perform on a daily basis.
- ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT OPTIONS: At The Foot and Ankle Clinic we offer an extensive choice of orthotic options that range in costs and vary in their manufacture techniques. Our Podiatrists provide you a choice so that you don’t necessarily feel that having a ’custom-made’ device is the only option available for you to consider. We also incorporate a range of other medical treatment interventions that may help you recover from your complaint or injury.
- FOLLOW-UP: as an organisation we ensure optimal customer satisfaction. We do this by incorporating complimentary follow-up consultations for up to 3 months following the issue and fit of your orthotics. If there happens to be any concerns or problems you can be reassured that we will work with you to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
- QUALITY: The Foot and Ankle Clinic is aligned with a leading orthotic company. All our devices are made from only the finest quality materials.
- REPRODUCTION: The Foot and Ankle Clinic retains your scans and data for several years. This is so that we have all your clinical records on file. This allows us the ability to manufacture and reproduce your orthotics again in the future. Typically this is at a considerably reduced cost.
- COMPLIMENTARY FOOTWEAR ADVICE: At The Foot and Ankle Clinic we consider footwear to be a crucial aspect to complimenting orthotic therapy. This is to ensure optimal treatment outcomes. As an organisation we work closely with you to ensure you understand the impact that wearing orthotics will have on your footwear choices. Most of our clinics stock a wide range of footwear. Our Podiatrists are willing to provide complimentary advice and education on the most suitable type of footwear for your needs.
- PRIVATE HEALTH REBATES: By comparison to other allied health providers, orthotics prescribed by Podiatrists are typically covered by most private health ancillary rebates. Therefore if you have extras cover with Podiatry you can claim a substantial rebate for the costs associated with your Orthotic Prescription.
- WORKCOVER, TAC, DVA, DEFENCE AUSTRALIA, NDIS and STATE WIDE EQUIPMENT PROGRAM (SWEP) AFFILIATED: The Foot and Ankle Clinic is affiliated and works closely with these organisations. Where eligible we can assist you in accessing and being prescribed and supplied custom orthotics (along with Medical Grade Footwear). This often happens without any out-of-pocket expense and with minimal inconvenience.
- SPECIAL ‘2-for-1’ OFFER: At The Foot and Ankle Clinic we recognise that there is no such thing as one pair of orthotics that ‘fits all’. As such, we exclusively and proudly offer clients the opportunity to have 2 pairs made for the price of one. This potentially means a more cushioned and flexible pair for sporting purposes and a less bulky, narrower pair for dress or work shoes. This also saves the inconvenience of moving your orthotic from shoe-to-shoe ensuring more regular, optimal wear and producing better outcomes.
For further information please contact one of our clinics via the buttons below.
At the Foot and Ankle Clinic our highly qualified team of Podiatrists are all members of the Australian Podiatry Association and offer a combined 50 years’ experience.
Put your feet in our hands! See us today in Boronia, Chadstone, Melbourne CBD, East Bentleigh, East Melbourne, Moe, Morwell, Pakenham, Sale, Traralgon, Warragul, Yarram & Online Store and Retail Enquiries. NO REFERRAL NEEDED!.